Early Years Room Leader - Permanent - Inishowen Montessori Playschools Limited CarndonaghApply
Room Leader Reports to: Early Years Assistant Manager &; Manager
Starting Hourly Rate of Pay: €12.00+
Hours Per Week: Monday to Thursday 8.00am to 6.00pm; Friday 8.30am to 7.00pm
Benefits of Working With Us:
· First aid training, manual handling and child protection training provided.
· Weekly paid non-contact administration time provided.
· Dedicated staff rooms and fully funded continuous professional development training.
Little Acorns Nursery cares for children aged 12 to 24 months. Little Acorns Montessori Playschool provides a blended and child centred Montessori preschool for the children of Northern Inishowen in Donegal. Our service also provides breakfast club and after school care. Our state of the art premises includes CCTV cameras in every room including sleep rooms and gardens to promote our service's fully transparent care of each and every child in our service.
Little Acorns Nursery, Montessori Playschool and Acorns After School has a strong vision of professional love being given to all children and staff in our service. · To ensure a high standard of physical, personal, emotional, social and intellectual care for all
Purpose of role:
· To ensure a high standard of physical, personal, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in their care
· To report to Manager and Assistant Manager
· To give support to other team members within the wider service
· To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all children can play, learn and develop.
· Work with children and support children’s education and development
. Lead the planning of safe, creative and appropriate learning opportunities
· Ensure early years room and equipment is kept in good working order
· Liaise with Parents/Carers
· Ensure all activity and practices in room adheres to Aistear best practice and
company policies and procedures.
· To report regularly to the Manager and Assistant Manager and keep them updated
Duties & responsibilities:
· To ensure interactions with and communications about team members are professional at all times.
· Formulate and operate a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members and the Manager.
· To keep records of children’s development and learning journals, share this with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
· Ensure learning journals are updated with accurate and relevant information about children’s activities and development.
· Support all staff to engage in good team working
· Support team members to see out any training or support they may require to fulfil their roles and responsibilities
· Ensure all record keeping (including that of your team members) is accurate and up-to date within your designated area, including learning journals of all children in you room, accident forms and any other forms/records required for the child’s welfare, learning and development (this includes sleep charts & daily records sheets for younger children).
· Ensure room checks outdoor checks are conducted in line with service procedures and Health and Safety requirements
· Liaise with and support parents and other family members
· To be involved in out of working hours activities e.g. training, staff meetings, room meetings, parents evening, other service events.
· Undertake and organise certain domestic jobs within the room e.g. preparation of snacks, cleansing of equipment and other such duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the Manager.
· Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the service philosophy is fulfilled.
· Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate for the needs of young children.
· To ensure confidentiality of all information received by all team members in your area.
· To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing and that sleeptime (where appropriate) is a calming time.
· To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
· To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities family backgrounds or medical history
· To be aware of the high profile of Little Acorns Nursery, Montessori and Acorns After School and ensure all staff uphold its standards at all times, both within work hours and outside.
· To complete wellbeing concern forms, to ensure that the Manager is informed of any children which they have concerns about and to implement strategies in accordance with each child IEP where applicable.
- Overall to supervise the Early Years Room by example to others and thereby promote respect
for the role.
- Proactively contribute to effective team working and foster open and honest communication
amongst all employees within the service.
- Ensure that staff follow the requirements of the early years plans, long and medium term plans
plus the requirements of the Tusla, Aistear and Siolta.
- Work in partnership with early years professionals and agencies, for example Health Visitors and
- Ensure staff issues and complaints are dealt with promptly and accurately.
Conclusion · This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
- 09 Aug 2022
Apply for Position
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). This service uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how visitors to dcya.gov.ie use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for the Department of Children and Youth Affairs, and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using this website and allowing cookies to remain enabled, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes as set out above.