Millennium Court School Age CentreApply
Afterschool Project Worker
Description: Millennium Court School Aged Centre, R95 RK40
All children are of National School-going age.
Work hours are 2pm-6pm Monday-Friday.
Rate of pay is €11p/h
To act as a positive role model and be responsible for the delivery and implementation of a high-quality after-school programme under the guidance of the national quality frameworks Aistear and Síolta both indoors and outdoors. To, guide, observe, stimulate and supervise children in a safe and caring environment as part of the childcare team.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
· To promote and adhere to the services ethos and mission of Respond
· To follow the policies and procedures of the service at all times.
· To conduct observations that guide planning for the programme of activities.
· To organise materials and resources to ensure that they reflect the children’s emerging interests and abilities.
· To implement a play-based programme that encourages independence and fosters the growth of self-esteem within all children.
· To support children’s emotional, social and cognitive development.
· To assist in providing healthy snacks which meet the growing needs of children and reflects variation in culture or dietary needs.
· To develop and support parental involvement strategies that enhance children’s learning experiences
· To ensure that the welfare of children is paramount in accordance with Children First; National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children.
· Promote the services in the local community and wider area to assist and support the quality and sustainability of the service.
· To perform other reasonable and relevant duties as may be required from time to time
· Commitment to high-quality practice
· The ability to work in collaboration with a dedicated team
· Highly motivated to work on own initiative
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· A professional and enthusiastic disposition
· Flexible and adaptable
· Demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development
· Garda Vetting will be required as part of the recruitment process on an ongoing basis.
- 12 Jan 2022
Apply for Position
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). This service uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how visitors to dcya.gov.ie use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for the Department of Children and Youth Affairs, and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using this website and allowing cookies to remain enabled, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes as set out above.